Back with that Friday5 thing. And make sure to check out the whole gang!
- What was the last meal that caused you to be ill?
I haven’t experienced a food “poisoning” for a good long time. Mostly, I recall a bad time at Perkins where my two Missy’s and myself got exceedingly sick for the next day or so. Then there was a time on the way back from Elmira, NY to visit some reletives when my mother and I stopped at Ponderosa. I had a lot of spaghetti from the buffet…and threw it up as soon as we got home. First major vomiting fit I recall.
- Are there any places you never dine anymore because of a bad experience hours after the meal?
I haven’t barred anywhere, but I shy away from the China Buffet(or some similar name) on 88 in Castle Shannon. We would hit it for lunch at work, and I would spend a good bit of alone time that afternoon instead of working. It just makes me feel like crud.
- What’s your prescription for dealing with a food-caused illness?
Bed. No social interaction. Disappear to myself.
- When friends tell you about coming down with food-caused illnesses, do you avoid the places they name, or do you figure it’s a dice-roll wherever you go?
Some people seem to have more issues than I do. I still go to Subway, but plenty of people have problems with it. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger! And if you worry about how your food is handled, don’t eat out.
- After numerous citations, a very, very popular restaurant that you’re quite fond of is shut down by the health department until it can get everything up to code. When the health department gives the restaurant the o.k. to reopen, do you go? Nope, I’m there on re-opening day. It should be fixed by then, right?